<< Back to Jobs
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
Job Title: Intake Counselor
Reports To: Intake Coordinator
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The Intake Counselor is responsible for providing intake, assessment, substance abuse, mental health, and supportive counseling to homeless and disadvantaged youth.
- Responsible for intake, assessment, short term counseling, family work, case management, advocacy, referral, crisis intervention, treatment, and discharge planning with youth.
- Maintain an active case load of clients through individual meetings with youth and keeping youth files updated.
- Provide backup service to the Runaway Counselor including emergency evening on-call services and placement.
- Participate in regular meetings with other Bridge programs to provide clinical input on the youth.
- Co-facilitate groups for youth with staff from other programs within Bridge.
- Act as a clinical liaison between the counseling program and other programs within Bridge.
- Maintain on-going contact with outside collateral contacts of clients, and other outside agencies
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and timely manner including intake, progress notes, referrals, and any other paperwork required in the youth files and utilizing Homeless Management Information System (ETO).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field required. Master’s preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working with adolescents and young adults, substance abuse, high risk behaviors, and homelessness.
- Culturally aware and knowledgeable in diversity, equity and inclusion pertaining to youth.
- Valid driver’s license.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge also provides a bonus of $2500 for all new employees that they are eligible in to receive in two $1250 installments after 6 months and at one year of service with Bridge.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.