<< Back to Jobs
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
This person will be the first point of contact for our company in welcoming guests, directing phone calls, and distributing correspondence. The receptionist is responsible for ensuring the front desk welcomes guests positively, and always providing the highest level of professionalism.
Assist all visitors in reaching their department destination and clients in reaching their programs. Maintain lobby area while maintaining a respectful environment. Full knowledge of what services Bridge provides, hours of operation and hours for programs. This position is on site Monday through Friday 9 am - 5 pm.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon they arrive in a professional manner.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls using a main or floor switchboard
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries/packages
- Maintain office security and procedures
- Complete counseling visitor logs
- Compiles reception statistics for services such as: visits and phone calls
- Accept and sign for all deliveries and mail. Call appropriate colleagues for pick up.
- Complete copy, collating and mailing assignments
- Participate in weekly and monthly staff meetings
- High School or equivalent
- Minimum of two years office administrative/receptionist work
- Candidate must have proficient computer skills; have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a paid hourly rate and a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan.
Starting Hourly pay: $19/hr. Bridge also provides a bonus of $2500 for all new employees that they are eligible in to receive in two $1250 installments after 6 months and at one year of service with Bridge.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees as well as their families, our clients, and visitors who spend time in our facilities from COVID 19’s infectious conditions. This policy complies with all State and Local Laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable. Employees who have underlying medical conditions that contraindicates administration of all available COVID-19 vaccines, are pregnant, or object to receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines available based on sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request a vaccine exemption through Human Resources.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.