<< Back to Jobs
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
The Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assists with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Screens applications and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least five years managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process is highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a salary and a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan. Bridge also provides a bonus of $2,500 for all new employees that they are eligible in to receive in two $1,250 installments after 6 months and at one year of service with Bridge.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees as well as their families, our clients, and visitors who spend time in our facilities from COVID 19’s infectious conditions. This policy complies with all State and Local Laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable. Employees who have underlying medical conditions that contraindicates administration of all available COVID-19 vaccines, are pregnant, or object to receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines available based on sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request a vaccine exemption through Human Resources.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.