<< Back to Jobs
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
Bridge Over Troubled Waters has commenced an exciting five-year campaign called A Path Home for Every Youth. The campaign will seek significant philanthropic support to strengthen Bridge’s organizational infrastructure, increase service capacity, and grow programs that provide homeless, runaway, and at-risk youth with a safe and stable path to self-sufficiency.
The Campaign Coordinator will play a critical and dynamic role on Bridge’s development team with primary responsibilities for tracking and coordinating campaign activity, working with Bridge internal and volunteer leadership to develop and implement thoughtful cultivation and solicitation strategies, campaign reporting and evaluation towards established benchmarks, and assisting Bridge’s Chief Executive Officer, Director of Development and Senior Major Giving Officer in fundraising activities.
Campaign Activity Management and Tracking
- Overall campaign management and organization including master campaign calendar, pipelines, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines.
- Track and monitor campaign activity on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare weekly reports that prioritize campaign activities by prospect status and by solicitor.
- Establish solicitation priorities, actively manage prospect lists and research, develop and execute targeted cultivation plans/solicitation strategies for a range of prospects.
- Monitor the progress toward established campaign benchmarks, including briefings, cultivations and solicitations of top donor prospects and prompt timely action by assigned solicitors.
- Prepare agendas, progress reports and other informational materials for Campaign Steering Committee meetings as well as Bridge Board and Development Committee meetings.
- Write, contribute to and edit all campaign correspondence including solicitation proposals, meeting requests, and meeting follow up.
- Schedule donor and team meetings, prepare talking points, assemble presentations and provide support to staff, board members and campaign volunteers for solicitations.
- Ensure timely acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements.
- Plan and produce meaningful stewardship communications and reporting, including customized reports for specific donors and general campaign updates.
- Provide administrative and donor communications support for Bridge senior staff.
Campaign and Revenue Reporting
- Manage accurate campaign record keeping and evaluate progress toward financial goals.
- Prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present to senior staff.
- Track and ensure the accuracy of gift indications, pledges, realizations and acknowledgments in conjunction with database administrator.
Donor Relations and Prospect Research
- Ensure that all data and communications related to prospects, donors and donor recognition is recorded, up to date and accurate.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Development to coordinate campaign and annual appeal solicitation strategies for top donors.
- Devise and manage logistics for cultivation and stewardship events, coordinating with any external event partners.
- Devise and manage all campaign prospect and donor in-person or virtual volunteer activity, with the utmost concern for details and volunteer experience.
- Managing a small portfolio of annual individual and organization donors with the goal of building the campaign pipeline.
Other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or Director of Development.
- A sensitivity to issues of youth and young adult homelessness and a passion for understanding and contributing to the work of Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- A college BA or BS degree.
- 3-5 years of experience in the administration of nonprofit fundraising activities with preferred experience with campaigns.
- Fluency in the use of software systems for documentation, reporting and presentation, including Excel, Power Point and Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizing and time-management capabilities.
- Personable manner and comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to be in the office five days per week.
- Availability for occasional campaign-related travel and evening and weekend events.
This position will also participate in weekly supervision with the Director of Development.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan. Bridge also provides a bonus of $2,500 for all new employees that they are eligible in to receive in two $1,250 installments after 6 months and at one year of service with Bridge.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees as well as their families, our clients, and visitors who spend time in our facilities from COVID 19’s infectious conditions. This policy complies with all State and Local Laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable. Employees who have underlying medical conditions that contraindicates administration of all available COVID-19 vaccines, are pregnant, or object to receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines available based on sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request a vaccine exemption through Human Resources.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.