<< Back to Jobs
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is Greater Boston’s leading non-profit serving the needs of our community’s homeless, runaway, and at-risk youth. Bridge is currently growing its organizational infrastructure, increasing its service capacity, and growing programs to serve more youth with more specialized and individualized care.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
To support its expanded services and programs, Bridge seeks a dedicated Manager of Annual Giving and Events who will serve as a critical member of Bridge’s development team. Under the supervision of Bridge’s Director of Development, the incumbent will develop and execute a strategic annual plan to increase revenue, donor retention and donor acquisition.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
With deep knowledge of best practice annual giving strategies, the incumbent will:
Manage Annual Fundraising Plans and Measure Progress to Goals:
- Collaborate with the Director of Development to develop, manage and implement a robust and comprehensive annual fundraising plan for individual, corporate and organization donors, both in segmented donor groups and as individual prospects.
- Execute aspects of this plan, including direct mail/email campaigns, monthly giving, workplace giving, in-kind partnerships, tribute giving, and third-party/peer-to-peer fundraising, with the intention of maximizing giving and strengthening donor relationships.
- Develop meaningful cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans and materials for each appeal and when identified, specific donors.
- Maintain annual calendar of development activities and facilitate timely completion of each project; manage relevant vendor relationships.
- Manage donor inquiries, ensuring timely and appropriate follow up.
- Capture and log all meaningful donor interactions and proposals in the donor database. Maintain records to provide accurate and robust records and to foster consistency in donor relationships.
- Track progress, report results and adjust strategies if needed to ensure annual fundraising goals are met.
Lead and support Bridge fundraising events and community-based fundraising projects:
- Plan and execute donor events (in-person and virtual) that encourage donors and prospects to support Bridge.
- Plan, organize and support donor volunteer events at Bridge, liaising with Bridge program staff and volunteers to create a successful and impactful experience for all.
- Engage with and support community-based fundraising efforts, peer-to-peer and third-party fundraisers, maximizing each fundraising opportunity and ensuring strong partnerships.
- Provide support for the Bridge Gala through prospect research, sponsorship solicitation, auction item solicitation, pledge follow up and post-event stewardship activities.
- Staff fundraising events as needed, including nights and weekends as necessary.
Act as an integral member of the development team:
- Accurately and passionately communicate the mission and values of Bridge Over Troubled Waters to current donors and prospects.
- Represent Bridge at external events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development or Chief Executive Officer.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in a successful annual giving program
- Proven track record in managing individual and organizational relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and analytical skills
- A sensitivity to issues of youth and young adult homelessness and a passion for understanding and contributing to the work of Bridge Over Troubled Waters
- Able to work effectively independently and with a team
- Strong organizational and time-management capabilities
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial approach to work with a strong commitment working in a collaborative team environment
- A metrics-driven mindset that informs strategy
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge NXT or other donor database and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Openness and ability to travel for donor visits or as the organization’s representative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to be in-office five days per week
- Some weekend, evening, and holidays required
This position will also participate in weekly supervision with the Director of Development.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan. Bridge also provides a bonus of $2,500 for all new employees that they are eligible in to receive in two $1,250 installments after 6 months and at one year of service with Bridge.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees as well as their families, our clients, and visitors who spend time in our facilities from COVID 19’s infectious conditions. This policy complies with all State and Local Laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable. Employees who have underlying medical conditions that contraindicates administration of all available COVID-19 vaccines, are pregnant, or object to receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines available based on sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request a vaccine exemption through Human Resources.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.