Director of Information Technology
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
The Director of Information Technology will manage and direct the company’s information technology (IT) operations, ensuring the department provides an efficient and effective technical support service.
- Leads development and implementation processes for the organization’s IT systems and department.
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Establishes efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversees security of systems, networks, and enterprise information.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems via enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Hires and trains IT Team members.
- Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Through understanding of IT and practical applications to support the Bridge’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required; master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of experience managing an IT department.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan. Bridge also provides a bonus of $2,500 for all new employees that they are eligible in to receive in two $1,250 installments after 6 months and at one year of service with Bridge.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees as well as their families, our clients, and visitors who spend time in our facilities from COVID 19’s infectious conditions. This policy complies with all State and Local Laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable. Employees who have underlying medical conditions that contraindicates administration of all available COVID-19 vaccines, are pregnant, or object to receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines available based on sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request a vaccine exemption through Human Resources.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
- Business Operations (Finance, HR, IT, etc.)
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Our Perks and Benefits
Paid Time OffNew employees receive up to 10 vacation days, 8 sick days, 3 personal days, and 13 holidays per calendar year.
Medical & Prescription DrugsCoverage for the first 50% of your medical deductible for enrolled employees and their dependents. Available to all employees working over 20 hours per week and dependents up to age 26.
DentalReceive up to $1500 in coverage for qualifying dental procedures.
Retirement SavingsReach your retirement savings goals with matched contributions available for eligible employees.
Flexible Spending AccountsUse pre-tax earnings to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses.
Life InsuranceUp to $125,000 in life insurance paid for 100% by the employer.
Short & Long Term DisabilityIncome protection of up to 60% of earnings during qualifying periods of disability.
Commuter BenefitStretch your pay further by paying for eligible commuter expenses by using pre-tax earnings.
Birthday BenefitsMake each birthday special by taking the day off with pay.
About Bridge Over Troubled Waters
For over 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Bridge) has guided homeless, runaway and at-risk youth on the path to a stable home and self-sufficient future. Bridge founders were among the first to recognize and respond to the growing crisis of youth homelessness in the late ‘60s and were instrumental in advocating for the authorization of the US Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) Act in 1974. Bridge’s Mobile Medical Van, the nation’s first, and Bridge’s Transitional Living Program have been named national models for replication. Bridge continues to be a national model for youth-centered programming and in 2017 Bridge became the first agency in Massachusetts to provide youth-only rapid rehousing.
Director of Information Technology
Loading application form
Already working at Bridge Over Troubled Waters?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.