Field Outreach Specialist
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
Job Title: Outreach Specialist
Hours: Full-time (Flexible schedule, rotating first and second shift)
Reports To: Associate Director of Youth Engagement Services
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
This is a full-time role. The Outreach Specialists work flexible scheduled hours ranging from 11am to 9pm
The Outreach Specialist is responsible for overall monitoring of program operations, ensure accurate and consistent data collection and analysis for reporting, and contribute to program development and enhancement. Principle duties occur in the field, on the streets, where homeless and at-risk youth gather, some duties will be performed at Bridge headquarters.
Street Outreach is Bridge’s front-line service, and the basis for the entire Bridge continuum of care.
- Regularly assess the “street scene” to maintain up-to-date information on where homeless youth gather and ensure that Outreach Specialists are visiting changing locations, including overnight camps in and around Boston
- Work with a team of Outreach Specialists and participate in regular “foot patrol” on streets and in shelters, build relationships with street youth, and refer them to Bridge and/or other agencies as needed
- Assess needs of street youth, provide on-street crisis counseling, and other services to help ensure their safety
- Work in concert with Bridge Medical Van Coordinator at Medical Van locations and facilitate street youth connection to the Van
- Maintain effective communication channels between SOP partners, including city of Boston Homeless Shelter Commission, Pine Street Inn Outreach Van, local Police Department, adult homeless shelters, collaborating agencies, and other parties involved in street outreach in the region.
- Document service statistics and records for accurate reporting and entry of data into both Bridge ETO system and Boston HMIS.
- Lead and participate in scheduled program coordinator and staff meetings
- Participate in quarterly all-staff meeting
- Attend meetings outside of agency as necessary
- Other related tasks as required/requested
- BA/BS Degree required or related degree
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working with adolescents and youth
- Knowledge of youth street culture, crisis prevention and intervention methods, and ability to form positive relationships with diverse populations
- Experience with and understanding of the human services field
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required (car not required)
- Continuous clean driver’s record.
- Must be willing and able to drive the Medical Van.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
PAY: $22.00 hourly plus a sign on bonus of $2500.00, payable in installments of: $1250.00 at 6 months and $1250.00 at one year.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a paid hourly rate and a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Our Perks and Benefits
Paid Time OffNew employees receive up to 10 vacation days, 8 sick days, 3 personal days, and 13 holidays per calendar year.
Medical & Prescription DrugsCoverage for the first 50% of your medical deductible for enrolled employees and their dependents. Available to all employees working over 20 hours per week and dependents up to age 26.
DentalReceive up to $1500 in coverage for qualifying dental procedures.
Retirement SavingsReach your retirement savings goals with matched contributions available for eligible employees.
Flexible Spending AccountsUse pre-tax earnings to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses.
Life InsuranceUp to $125,000 in life insurance paid for 100% by the employer.
Short & Long Term DisabilityIncome protection of up to 60% of earnings during qualifying periods of disability.
Commuter BenefitStretch your pay further by paying for eligible commuter expenses by using pre-tax earnings.
Birthday BenefitsMake each birthday special by taking the day off with pay.
About Bridge Over Troubled Waters
For over 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Bridge) has guided homeless, runaway and at-risk youth on the path to a stable home and self-sufficient future. Bridge founders were among the first to recognize and respond to the growing crisis of youth homelessness in the late ‘60s and were instrumental in advocating for the authorization of the US Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) Act in 1974. Bridge’s Mobile Medical Van, the nation’s first, and Bridge’s Transitional Living Program have been named national models for replication. Bridge continues to be a national model for youth-centered programming and in 2017 Bridge became the first agency in Massachusetts to provide youth-only rapid rehousing.
Field Outreach Specialist
Loading application form
Already working at Bridge Over Troubled Waters?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.