Human Resources Manager
ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
Bridge is committed to building a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color and other ethnic backgrounds to apply!
The Human Resources Manager works in implementing processes and programs that advance effective retention of the company's most important asset, our team members. The Human Resources Manager performs professional level human resources work and fulfills responsibilities in one or more of the functional areas, such as employee relations, benefits, training, employment, and safety. This role carries out administrative work involving the human resources functions and maintains related records; develops and improves policies, programs, and procedures to improve the effectiveness of HR and Operations.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer human resource programs in the areas of compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, employee relations, and training and development.
- Coordinates new hire process for managing staff including orientation and new hire paperwork.
- Responds to employment-related inquiries from employees and escalates to HR Director as needed.
- Ability to answer employee questions and or concerns regarding Human Resource policy, procedures, or employee handbook inquiries.
- Assists Managers and/or Supervisors with employee inquiries, performance review process, coaching and other HR processes.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ensures data in the HRIS is correct and maintained.
- Accurately enters employee data such as many kinds of employee changes with effective dates, insurance, FSA, 401k, and other benefit related changes.
- Updates, monitors, and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on performance evaluations, or mid-year promotions.
- Reports, maintains, and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Maintains and coordinates programs that enhance the Bridge culture, such as employee recognition programs, celebrating special occasions, birthdays, and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with ADP Work Force Now
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- PHR or SHRM-CP professional designations preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Will need to move between buildings. Around the corner to the main building and back to the admin office. Occasionally will visit the locations in Brighton.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a paid salary rate and a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees as well as their families, our clients, and visitors who spend time in our facilities from COVID 19’s infectious conditions. This policy complies with all State and Local Laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable. Employees who have underlying medical conditions that contraindicates administration of all available COVID-19 vaccines, are pregnant, or object to receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines available based on sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request a vaccine exemption through Human Resources.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Our Perks and Benefits
Paid Time OffNew employees receive up to 10 vacation days, 8 sick days, 3 personal days, and 13 holidays per calendar year.
Medical & Prescription DrugsCoverage for the first 50% of your medical deductible for enrolled employees and their dependents. Available to all employees working over 20 hours per week and dependents up to age 26.
DentalReceive up to $1500 in coverage for qualifying dental procedures.
Retirement SavingsReach your retirement savings goals with matched contributions available for eligible employees.
Flexible Spending AccountsUse pre-tax earnings to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses.
Life InsuranceUp to $125,000 in life insurance paid for 100% by the employer.
Short & Long Term DisabilityIncome protection of up to 60% of earnings during qualifying periods of disability.
Commuter BenefitStretch your pay further by paying for eligible commuter expenses by using pre-tax earnings.
Birthday BenefitsMake each birthday special by taking the day off with pay.
About Bridge Over Troubled Waters
For over 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Bridge) has guided homeless, runaway and at-risk youth on the path to a stable home and self-sufficient future. Bridge founders were among the first to recognize and respond to the growing crisis of youth homelessness in the late ‘60s and were instrumental in advocating for the authorization of the US Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) Act in 1974. Bridge’s Mobile Medical Van, the nation’s first, and Bridge’s Transitional Living Program have been named national models for replication. Bridge continues to be a national model for youth-centered programming and in 2017 Bridge became the first agency in Massachusetts to provide youth-only rapid rehousing.
Human Resources Manager
Loading application form
Already working at Bridge Over Troubled Waters?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.