ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services.
Job Description: Senior Case Management Specialist
Hours: Full Time
Job Site: 47 West Street or Brighton
The Senior Case Management Specialist will provide case management support to youth throughout all the programs at Bridge. The Senior Case Manager Specialist will have demonstrated the ability to complete housing applications and obtain vital records/resources with young adults. Additionally, this position will provide individual and group work with youth teaching life skills such as budgeting/financial management, employment readiness and stress management curriculums, etc.
Meet with Youth and Young Adults (YYA) to aid in getting IDs and vital documents and general resources.
· Complete Education & Employment portfolios with YYA, teaching essential skills for employment.
· Complete CHAMPS Housing applications with youth.
· Complete Housing Navigator searches and housing applications.
· Complete service plans with YYA.
· Provide milieu coverage as needed.
· Document all youth interactions in ETO, Bridge’s electronic records system.
· Provide life skills groups to youth utilizing Bridge programs including financial management, building credit, establishing routines, managing stress, etc.
· Follow all of Bridge’s policies and procedures.
· Provide residents with advocacy, referrals, and supportive counseling, as necessary.
· Redirect inappropriate conversation and behaviors from youth, as necessary.
· Create a welcoming environment for youth (monitoring music/TV volume, lights, etc.) that is trauma informed and sensitive to the diverse groups of young people using Bridge.
· Maintain program statistics and client records.
· Document all interactions with YYA in ETO
· Create individual service plans and YYA progress towards meeting their goals.
· Complete HUD assessments as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors’ degree in Human Service or related field required, Master degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
· 5 – 10 years of clinical/case management experience with youth and young adult populations
· Proficient in Microsoft programs (excel, word, etc.) and utilizing electronic record systems.
· Experience assisting individuals in obtaining housing.
· Experience assisting people in getting IDs and vital records.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience facilitating skills-based groups (i.e., financial management, budgeting, life skills, etc.)
· Experience using Motivational Interviewing and/or Collaborative Problem Solving
· Comfort and confidence working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
· Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with residents, team members, and supervisor.
· Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and cultural groups.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation is competitive and is based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical and pharmacy, medical deductible covered by the organization at 50% a year, 401K and matching, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, commuter pre-tax benefit, and a birthday benefit.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.