ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For over 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services.
Bridge is seeking a Desktop Support Engineer to join our extraordinary team! This position requires strong people skills while always incorporating the needs of the end user, as well as critical thinking to problem solving with technical solutions in a busy environment. The successful candidate will keep up to date with changes in system software and hardware and maintain a professional level of quality work and service.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot computers, computer related peripheral hardware, software, and network connectivity.
- Plan and implement software rollouts in a team environment.
- Provide first level contact and identify solutions to resolve technical support problems via phone or email.
- Support with regards to: Printer mapping, Password changes, Assistance with email on endpoints and phones, Installing software per SOP.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Work with hardware and software vendors to resolve issues.
- Installing switches and other network hardware, troubleshooting network issues on switches, servers, endpoints, and access point.
- Comply with established safety and operating rules, procedures, and guidelines.
- Recommend improvements to workflow and processes within the position for clients and the team.
- Work with cloud storage solutions, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Creating new accounts in Office365 and GSuite as well as administration, and permission access.
- Maintain the active directory with user creation, folder, and user permissions.
- Be available for special projects as requested and create technical documentation and manuals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Helpdesk Technician or relevant IT experience in a professional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- Focused diligence, execution of tasks, and follow-up.
- Outstanding people skills and the ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain multiple priorities and seek assistance when projects may compete.
- Must be flexible and willing to take initiative.
- Desire to learn new technologies and help others.
- Knowledge of network security and anti-virus programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Other software familiarity should include: Office365, GSuite, and MS Office Products.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical and pharmacy, medical deductible covered by the organization at 50% a year, 401K and matching, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, commuter pre-tax benefit, and a birthday benefit.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.