ABOUT BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS, INC.
For more 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters has provided a comprehensive continuum of care for runaway, homeless, and high risk youth in Boston, and has been a national model in providing innovative youth services. Our mission is to transform the lives of youth through safe, supportive and encouraging relationships, counseling, housing, and skill-building, to guide them towards self-sufficiency and achieving their goals.
If you are looking for a career in a fast paced setting that is committed to collaborating with all youth who come through the door and finding creative solutions to difficult problems, we invite you to apply.
The IT Specialist will oversee the technical needs of our 100+ employee company consisting of several multi-sites within the Boston area. The IT Specialist will be responsible for installing and upgrading components, setting up software, assisting with network administration, and resolving all IT support issues.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Install, configure and support computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Set up accounts for new users and follow up with new hires on needs
- Log and keep records of various issues
- Create self-help documents for common problems
- Test & Fix faulty equipment including recommendations on ordering new equipment
- Be internal point-person for digital phone system technical inquiries
- Must have proven technical support experience/knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Well organized and able to prioritize.
- Configures, installs, and supports desktop and laptop computers, handheld devices, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Provides enhanced desktop and user support service to customers.
- Relocates IT equipment including desktop computers, printers, monitors, portable data storage devices, and other general peripherals.
- Configures IT devices for secure operation, including installation of security software, software updates, and other configurations as required.
- Connects and configures IT devices to use computer networks.
- Diagnose hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users, and provide status updates.
- Provides software support for users, including basic to advanced software operations and assistance with general use of software, computers, and peripherals.
- Supports laptop and desktop maintenance, including inventory and software distribution.
- Support security maintenance, including anti-virus software updates and patch management.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a paid hourly rate and a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a retirement savings plan.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Bridge Over Troubled Waters’ duty is to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards. As such we have adopted a MANDATORY COVID 19 VACCINATION POLICY for our employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees as well as their families, our clients, and visitors who spend time in our facilities from COVID 19’s infectious conditions. This policy complies with all State and Local Laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable. Employees who have underlying medical conditions that contraindicates administration of all available COVID-19 vaccines, are pregnant, or object to receiving any of the COVID-19 vaccines available based on sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance may request a vaccine exemption through Human Resources.
Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
- Program Leadership & Administration
- Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Bridge Over Troubled Waters
Our Perks and Benefits
Paid Time OffNew employees receive up to 10 vacation days, 8 sick days, 3 personal days, and 13 holidays per calendar year.
Medical & Prescription DrugsCoverage for the first 50% of your medical deductible for enrolled employees and their dependents. Available to all employees working over 20 hours per week and dependents up to age 26.
DentalReceive up to $1500 in coverage for qualifying dental procedures.
Retirement SavingsReach your retirement savings goals with matched contributions available for eligible employees.
Flexible Spending AccountsUse pre-tax earnings to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses.
Life InsuranceUp to $125,000 in life insurance paid for 100% by the employer.
Short & Long Term DisabilityIncome protection of up to 60% of earnings during qualifying periods of disability.
Commuter BenefitStretch your pay further by paying for eligible commuter expenses by using pre-tax earnings.
Birthday BenefitsMake each birthday special by taking the day off with pay.
About Bridge Over Troubled Waters
For over 50 years, Bridge Over Troubled Waters (Bridge) has guided homeless, runaway and at-risk youth on the path to a stable home and self-sufficient future. Bridge founders were among the first to recognize and respond to the growing crisis of youth homelessness in the late ‘60s and were instrumental in advocating for the authorization of the US Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) Act in 1974. Bridge’s Mobile Medical Van, the nation’s first, and Bridge’s Transitional Living Program have been named national models for replication. Bridge continues to be a national model for youth-centered programming and in 2017 Bridge became the first agency in Massachusetts to provide youth-only rapid rehousing.
Loading application form
Already working at Bridge Over Troubled Waters?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.